Friday, March 2, 2012

Potato Bites, aka "Chicken" Nuggets

Now that my daughter is getting older she has begun to notice the foods that her big sister gets to eat. Many times she points and complains because she isn't getting the same food. It's made me have to come up with ways of giving them the "same" food, or at least the closest I can come. These are her "chicken" nuggets. I got the idea for them after my husband mentioned that the stuffed potatoes looked like fat chicken nuggets.

Crush up some Cheecha Puffs and mix in some mashed baked potato. Use about a quarter Russet potato to about a handful of puffs. Make sure it's sticky enough to hold up to frying. If it's not, add more crushed puffs. Beat an egg and dip the nuggets in it then fry them in enough heated oil to reach up about halfway to the nuggets. With one potato you can make the nuggets and then some French Fries to go with them. Of course I also offer her a real meat to go with them since eating a bunch of potato isn't very nutritious but at least she feels like if she's getting food just like her sister's. Oh and as "ketchup" I usually put a spoonful of carrot or squash puree.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I think I love you lol..... Doug has been asking for nuggets a lot like his sister this is perfect. Now just have to replace the egg somehow

    ReplyDelete